The Target Black Friday sales are almost on. Almost. With the countdown coming, it’s time to get your shopping lists in order and make a plan of action. Even if you’ve already caught plenty of pre-sale sale deals, the biggies are still yet to come. Running around like a crazy person, trying to nab all the deals you can, just won’t do. Come on. You’ll be stuffed full of turkey, mashed potatoes and pumpkin pie, and exhausted from a day of playing Top Chef. And that’s why Target has some of their very own insider tips to help you out.
So what do the powers-that-be at Target recommend for your Black Friday shopping strategy?
1. Create an online account. Visit Target.com to set up an account super-easily. This will save you time if you want to snag some of the retailer’s online deals.
2. Browse the Black Friday ad. Oh, and make a list too. As you scan the ad, jot down which deals you want.
3. Shop early. Umm, what? Target REDcard holders can get early access to select Black Friday deals beginning on November 22. On top of that, you can still get that 5% savings that you’ve come to know and love from the REDcard.
4. Know the sale times. Seriously. Don’t miss out on a sale because you assumed it starts on Friday. Many Black Friday deals will be available starting Thanksgiving morning on Target.com. If you’re more for the in-store experience, doors open on Thanksgiving (that’s Thursday, November 23) at 6 p.m. local time. They’ll close at midnight, but will reopen the following day bright and early at 6 a.m.
5. Get a coupon. Spending $50 at Target or Target.com on Black Friday (November 24) earns you a 20% off coupon that you can use between November 28 through December 10.
6. Ask for a TV ticket. Don’t wait until the doors open and there’s a wild rush for the TVs. Target team members will start handing out tickets for TV deal purchases, such as the 55” Westinghouse TV or the 49” TCL UHD TV, 30 minutes before the store opens.
7. Create a route. Get a Black Friday store sale map and mark your route — before the doors open.
8. Use store services. From Order Pickup to having team members order your item from a handheld device in the store, you have plenty of easy shopping options.
9. Shop Cyber Monday. If you still need more deals to make your holiday wish list come true, Cyber Monday (November 27) sales include 15% off sitewide.
What deals are you looking for this year? Share your picks in the comments below.