If you’re looking for new ways to keep up on your resolution to spend more QT with the kids, then we’ve got what you need. From indoor activities for the kids to questions to ask at the dinner table, here are 31 ways to strengthen the family bond this month.
1. Spend an afternoon planning for your summer garden.
2. Plan a weekend trip to the beach before the crowds show up.
3. Watch TV with them. No, seriously.
4. Shake up dinner time with these fun questions.
5. Make something out of upcycled materials.
6. Take advantage of the warming weather and do an outdoor science experiment.
7. Or, accept the fact that’s still very much winter where you are and have a snowy play day.
8. Light the fire pit on a weekend night and make s’mores.
9. Order a new activity kit that’s perfect for a cold afternoon.
10. Curl up with one of our favorite new books.
11. Pick an activity from this list to help combat cabin fever.
12. Get inspired by one of these women scientists and do a little experiment to invoke their pioneering spirit.
13. Memorize an amazing fact.
14. Help your kids organize their arts and craft supplies
15. Learn about the first woman to run the Boston Marathon.
16. Let the kids pick a recipe they can make on their own.
17. Get lucky with a few St. Patrick’s Day crafts.
18. Set up an obstacle course (indoor or out!).
19. Plan a last-minute Spring Break trip.
20. Make something cool out of LEGO.
21. Pull out the dress-up collection for an afternoon of pretend play.
22. Set up a game that’ll help your tots learn their 123s.
23. Make a trip to the playground new and exciting.
24. Take the whole family to a kids’ museum for the day.
25. Plan an afternoon board game marathon session.
26. Work on a STEAM project together.
27. Inspire your kids with these powerful words.
29. Set up a sensory station.
31. Learn about the moon.
—Gabby Cullen & Amber Guetebier