Are you a finalist in the Totally Awesome Awards? Or perhaps a write-in candidate who aims to overthrow the nominees in your category? Here are some tips for generating votes so you have the very best possible chance of winning. Even if you don’t win, these social media tactics are a great way to keep in touch with customers and generate awareness for your business.
1. Share the good news with your friends and fans on Facebook and Twitter. Don’t forget to send reminders!
- For Facebook, 1 to 2 posts per week is optimum
- For Twitter, tweet once a day
Hint: In our experience, Facebook shout outs are much more effective than Twitter.
2. Do you have a mailing list? Make sure you send an email with a link to the voting page your entire mailing list. Here’s a sample letter you can use to announce your awesomeness: http://redtri.com/sample-email-to-announce-totally-awesome-awards-nomination/
3. Don’t underestimate the power of friends and family! Share the good news with them.
4. If you haven’t already get your Totally Awesome Awards Finalist shiny badge here http://www.redtri.com/get-your-totally-awesome-badge-here
5. Don’t get discouraged by the competition!
- Size doesn’t matter, if you think you are Totally Awesome just join the fun and you will be surprised by the results.
Most of all, have fun!