Need a new recipe for your weeknight rotation? These stuffed peppers from Gigi of It’s a Sparkly Life are sure to be a winner. If you’re short on time, you can make the stuffing ahead and just pop the peppers in the oven when it’s time for dinner.
1 tsp olive oil
1 tsp red pepper flakes
3 Italian sausage links
2 roma tomatoes, diced
2 loosely packed cups of parsley, chopped and divided
1/4 cup chicken broth
2 1/2 cups cooked white long grain rice
1-2 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Wash peppers and cut off tops in one horizontal cut. Set aside.
3. Coat a medium sauce pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Remove sausage from casing and add to pan, breaking up constantly with a wooden spoon until well crumbled, 4-5 minutes. Add 1 tsp red pepper flakes. Stir well.
4. Add tomatoes and stir well. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes. Add in rice and broth, let simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Stir in 1 1/2 cups parsley, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Let simmer for 5 minutes under low heat.
6. Spoon rice mixture into peppers. Place peppers in an oven proof dish that is at least 3 inches in height. Pour water in dish, covering as much of the peppers as your dish will allow. This will help cook the peppers and ensure they don’t shrivel up! Bake in oven for 30 minutes until peppers are well cooked through.
7. Remove from oven and top with fresh parsley.
Tell us what your go-to dinner recipe is in the comments below. And, then “Like” and share this post if you’ve made Gigi’s recipe!