photo: Savory Nothings
These chicken tenders from Savory Nothings are going to be a game changer in your kitchen—they’re so crispy and delicious, you’ll never want to go back to the frozen kind (or the fast-food kind). Keep reading to learn how they’re made.
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 cup white flour
⅔ cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 tablespoons bread crumbs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon salt
2-3 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon ground paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 pounds chicken tenders
1/3 cup butter
1. Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and the buttermilk.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, parmesan, breadcrumbs, baking powder and seasoning together.
4. Place a dark-colored roasting pan (a baking tray works as well) in the oven to heat up.
5. Dip the chicken pieces in the flour mix, coating evenly and shaking off any extra flour.
6. Next, coat the chicken pieces in the egg mixture. Then, dip them into the flour again, this time coating very well.
7. Take the baking tray out of the oven and melt the butter on it. Place the coated chicken pieces on the tray.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, carefully flip and bake for another 5-10 minutes (depending on how thick your chicken pieces are). Finish by broiling the chicken until it turns golden brown and crispy.
Thanks to Nora of Savory Nothings for sharing this recipe with us. Be sure to visit her site to find more family-friendly recipes for every night of the week.