Simple, healthy, allergy-free, and delicious, this Zucchini bread has just the right amount of sweetness. This is perfect for breakfast, snack time, or anytime! Have the kiddos help too–they’ll love mixing the wet & dry ingredients together. We dare you to just eat one piece.
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups granulated sugar
2 cups grated zucchini
(from 2-3 small zucchini)
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1. Beat eggs until light and foamy; add vegetable oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla. Mix lightly but blend thoroughly.
2. Mix together flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon; mix lightly.
3. Add dry ingredients to first mixture, stirring to blend.
4. Pour batter into two loaf pans, 9×5×3-inches in size.
5. Bake at 325° for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted near center of a loaf comes out clean. Cool and serve.
Makes two loaves.
Mireille Schwartz is a Member of the Board of Directors for Washington D.C. based FAAN (Food Allergy & Anaphylaxis Network), the world’s largest leading non-profit allergy resource. On the San Francisco Homefront, Mireille is CEO of the Bay Area Allergy Advisory Board, promoting education, awareness, and provide no-cost medical care & medication to Bay Area families with severely allergic children. An expert contributor and regularly featured columnist for CNN Health, ABC7 News and Allergic Living Magazine, Mireille Schwartz has an innate understanding that food is everywhere, and our relationship to food needs to be healthy if we are to stay healthy.