Just in time for the new school year and regular routines, we’ve got 33 table talk questions that will be sure to invoke giggles, guffaws and gasps. We recommend slipping these wacky dinner conversation starters into your next family dinner conversation—everyone will learn some fascinating facts about the ones they love. Keep reading and start talking!
1. Can you guess the ingredients in the meal tonight?
2. What do you like better: waking up in the morning or going to bed at night?
3. Would you rather be a giant rodent or a tiny elephant?
4. What would you do if you had a million dollars?
5. If you had to eat a worm, how would you cook it?
6. What is a weird habit that you have?
7. If you had this week to do over again, what would you do differently?
8. Would you rather go without television or junk food for the rest of your life?
9. If a genie granted you three wishes, what would they be?
10. If money were no object, where would you like to go on vacation?
11. Where is the most interesting place you have ever been to?
12. Would you rather swim with stingrays or explore the jungle?
13. If you could make any vegetable against the law, which one would it be?
14. Would you rather not hear or not see?
15. Would you rather wrestle a lion or fight a shark?
16. If you were sent to live on a space station for three months and only allowed to bring three personal items with you, what would they be?
17. If you had your human body, but the head of an animal, what animal would you pick?
18. What is one favorite thing you do by yourself?
19. If you could read one person’s mind, whose would it be?
20. What two things do you consider yourself to be very good at?
21. Do you believe in extraterrestrials or life on other planets?
22. What is your favorite smell? What memory does it remind you of?
23. What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
24. If you could be one character from a book for a day, who would it be and why?
25. What’s the last thing that made you laugh?
26. Tell me about something that made you happy today.
27. What does a perfect day look like to you?
28. If you could have any animal for a pet, what would it be?
29. If you could be in the movie of your choice, what movie would you choose and what character would you play?
30. Would you rather wear your pants backward or your shoes on the wrong feet?
31. What did you do to help someone else today?
32. What makes our family special?
33. What three words would you use to describe yourself?
–Erin Feher and Erin Lem
Feature photo: August de Richelieu from Pexels