There is a dizzying array of tech and STEM-related products for kids and it can be hard to know which are the best. Luckily this year’s picks for the Kids at Play Interactive Awards are the perfect place to start for gift giving.
Living in Digital Times, the producers of lifestyle technology events at CES in partnership with CTA, and Children’s Technology Review have just announced the winners of the 12th annual Kids at Play Interactive Awards. Each year the awards recognize “the most innovative games, software, devices and apps for educating and entertaining today’s tech fluid children.”
Over 500 kid’s technology products were evaluated and reviewed by an independent jury of industry and editorial experts led by Warren Buckleitner, Editor of Children’s Technology Review. The entries are divided into ten categories, like Best Robotics, Best Creative Experience and Best App. Here are the winners in each category.
- Best Overall Technology Toy: Hasbro’s Star Wars Lightsaber Academy Interactive Battle Lightsaber
- Best App: LEGO®’s LEGO® DUPLO® WORLD
- Best STEM/STEAM Product: Learning Resources’ Coding Critters™
- Best Creative Experience: BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment’s tori™ Explorer Pack
- Noteworthy School Product: FableVision Studios’ Keenville
- Pioneer Team: ELENCO®
- Legend: David Small and Paul Rago’s Shoot the Moon
- Best Robotics: Educational Insights’ Artie 3000™ The Coding Robot
- Judge’s Choice: Nintendo’s Ring Fit Adventure
- Best Use of Emerging Technology: Virsix’s St. Noire
You can learn more about the awards and the winners and other entries here.