Going camping can be a very good idea and something we all should try in our life. However, what you do determines if you will enjoy the venture. Also, it is of utmost importance that you consider packing properly and utilizing the best camping gear so that you have a memorable trip and no issues during your travel.
No matter where you go, once you arrive at your destination, here is a list of the best activities you can do while camping:
1. Explore Nature. The best thing one can do while camping is finding out more about nature. You can decide to go watch the birds, animals around your camping site or go for scavenger hunting. However, it is wise to follow signs and directions like “Do not feed or hunt wildlife,” “No Smoking around animals” and other important warnings and information.
2. Water Activities. In case you are camping near water bodies like a river, sea, lake or ocean, then you do not have an excuse to get bored. You can go swimming, fishing or ride a wave runner. Additionally, bring or rent a boat, kayak or canoe. Playing basketball or volleyball in the water can also be exhilarating. When camping, remember to bring squirt guns since they are amusing to play with no matter how young or old your group.
3. Physical Activities. While camping with friends, there are many outdoor activities like football, soccer, and basketball that you could play. It is more exciting to run around the camp with bikes as you chase each other. Nonetheless, depending on your destination, you can also try something more adventurous such as searching for hiking trails, and explore the beauties of nature. Bonus? After such long walks, you and your kids will sleep peacefully at night after such an enjoyable day full of activities.
4. Play Various Games. During camping, there is a lot of free time and it’s the perfect time to play games. There are numerous entertaining games such as card-playing. Cards can be easily packed since they are light and require a small space. Additionally, board games can be interesting especially when played outdoors. Games like charades is an excellent choice, especially since you do not have to carry anything with you.
5. Relaxing Activities. Camping is all about taking a break from our daily activities. When camping, after a long day of playing and hiking, you can decide to take a nap. More so, camping is a perfect opportunity for meditation—you can keep your brain calm, think about your life and the future.
6. Evening Outdoor Activities. Some of the best outdoor activities, when camping, can be done at night. In fact, some of the most fun are the night activities! Watch the stars, go on night walks, play hide and seek and play flashlight tag!
7. Take Photographs. Take pictures of the mountains, clouds, trees, flowers or any animals you find. It’s a fun activity with the added bonus of a memory keepsake.
8. Build a Campfire. Campfires usually happens at night and is a special activity on its own. And the campfire brings along its own set of activities like singing, storytelling, and dancing around the fire. And don’t forget to make S’mores!
9. Practice Outdoor Skills. Practice your skills such as building a fire without lighters, tying knots, making a shelter using plants, hunting for food as well as arrow shooting. These skills could come in handy one day.