Día de los Muertos is almost here! While we may not be able to celebrate with traditional parades and festivals this year, Airbnb wants to honor this unique time from Oct. 31 to Nov. 2 in a new way––virtually.
Online Experiences has curated fresh cultural experiences that include a tour through the unique traditions of the Day of the Dead, sugar skull making, recipes for sweet treats and tamales and more.
photo: Valeria Almarez via Unsplash
The experiences range in price from $13 to $30 and many are hosted in English and Spanish. Viewers can join via phone, tablet or computer, with 90 minute to two hour experiences to choose from.
Airbnb’s Online Experiences for Day of the Dead include:
- Traditions of Mexico’s Day of the Dead: Learn about the elements of a Day of the Dead altar and how to make the sugar skulls.
- Make a Traditional Mexican Piñata: Learn how to make a traditional Mexican piñata, as well as understanding its part in the Mexican culture.
- Sweet Treats with a Mexico City Chef: You’ll learn how to make three Mexican desserts with a professional instructor and culinary artist.
- Ancient Mexico with an Anthropologist: Head back to ancient Mexico and learn all about indigenous Pre-Hispanic civilizations.
- Make Mole from Puebla: Now you can learn how to make mole!
- Tamales Fiesta with a Mexican Chef: Learn how to make Oaxaqueños and Mexico City tamales as you are guided by a Mexican chef.
You can sign up for Online Experiences on Airbnb’s website.