Parents are searching for the perfect holiday gifts for the little ones on their list. Today, Amazon released the Best Books of the Year as chosen by Amazon’s Books Editors. After reading thousands of titles collectively over the last 12 months, Amazon’s Books Editors chose Brittany K. Barnett’s A Knock at Midnight: A Story of Hope, Justice, and Freedom as 2020’s top title.
They also selected the following top picks for children’s and young adult titles.
- All Because You Matter by Tami Charles
- Paola Santiago and the River of Tears by Tehlor Kay Mejia
- Cat Kid Comic Club by Dav Pilkey
- What Will You Dream of Tonight? By Frances Stickley
- AntiRacist Baby by Ibram X. Kendi
- The One and Only Bob by Katherine Applegate
- I Am Every Good Thing by Derrick Barnes
- The Silver Arrow by Lev Grossman
- The Suitcase by Chris Naylor-Ballesteros
- Skunk and Badger by Amy Timberlake
- Midnight Sun by Stephenie Meyer
- Punching the Air by Ibi Zoboi
- The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes by Suzanne Collins
- The Cousins by Karen McManus
- Raybearer by Jordan Ifueko
- Stamped: Racism, Antiracism, and You by Jason Reynolds
- Crave by Tracy Wolff
- We Are Not Free by Traci Chee
- The Enigma Game by Elizabeth Wein
- The Extraordinaries by TJ Klune
The Best Books of the Year is an annual list featuring the Top 100 books of the year, published between January and December 2020, as well as top picks across categories like literature & fiction, mystery and thrillers, science fiction & fantasy, biography, children’s, young adult, and more.
For more information on the books featured on the Best Books of the Year list, as well as insightful reviews on new books, author interviews, and hand-curated roundups in popular categories, visit the Amazon Book Review and subscribe to the Amazon Book Review Podcast on Amazon Music, Apple or TuneIn. You can also follow the Books Editors recommendations and conversations @amazonbooks on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.