Ditch the greasy Chinese food take-out without compromising the convenience of delivery service with this Asian Beef Noodle recipe. The recipe requires just a handful of ingredients, most of which you should have in your fridge and pantry already. Your kids will love the delicious sauce (the sugar/honey gives it a sweet kick) so much that you’ll think twice about ordering take-out again!
For the Sauce:
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
1/3 cup light soy sauce
1 tsp sriracha hot sauce (the one with a rooster)
2 tsp sugar (or honey or agave)
For the beef:
1 lb extra lean ground beef
1 large onion, sliced (about 1 1/2 cup)
Salt and pepper to taste
8 oz. box of noodles
1. Prepare the sauce. In a bowl, combine rice vinegar, soy sauce, sriracha. Add sugar and mix well until it’s totally dissolved. Set aside.
2. Fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil.
3. Meanwhile, heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. When hot, spray with cooking spray, add onion and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly to make sure onion doesn’t burn.
4. Add ground beef and break into tiny pieces. Brown for about 2 minutes (don’t overcook the meat, it would be dry).
5. While beef is cooking, add noodles to the boiling water and cook 2 minutes (more or less according to package instructions). Drain noodles and put them back in the pot (away from heat). Drain excess liquid from the beef and onion mixture and transfer to noodles’ pot.
6. Pour in sauce and mix well to combine beef, noodles and sauce. Make sure noodles are fully covered.
7. Garnish with parsley or cilantro (optional) and serve immediately.
A special thanks to Not Enough Cinnamon for this awesome recipe.