Editor’s note: We’re making every effort to provide you with the most up-to-date information. However, there are widespread closures to slow the spread of Covid-19. We’re doing our best to keep all of our stories and calendar up to date. Stay safe, and stay home!
We’ve got plenty of ways to keep your kiddos entertained this winter in Atlanta and across Georgia. From slicing the ice on a nearby rink to taking a road trip to a southern ski slope, or riding a passenger rail, you’re in for an amazing family winter! Keep reading for details on these winter activities with kids, and more, below.
1. Ride the rails on one of these near-to-Atlanta passenger railroads. Holiday rides wrap up in early January on most lines, but weekend rides continue.
2. Burn off some energy by letting little ones slice the ice at one of these nearby ice rinks.
3. Feeling some cabin fever? Head to one of these awesome cabin rentals in Georgia.
4.Who needs to splurge? Not us. Check out these free and cheap things to do in Atlanta with kids this month.
5. Explore our list of favorite outdoor murals, and find some on your own, too.
6. Longing for spring? Create an indoor fairy garden, while you wait for the outdoors to bloom.
7. Host a comedy hour and crack each other up with these Atlanta-inspired jokes your kids will totally get.
8. Bundle up for a nature walk on one of these toddler-friendly trails.
9. Check out the best neighborhood light displays around Atlanta before the new year.
10. Check out the World of Illumination Candy Rush drive-through light display in Marietta, which runs through Jan. 3.
11. Take an at-home workout class with the whole family.
12. Scour our list of over 100 things to do with kids indoors for inspiration.
13. Give one of our favorite ways to pretend play with your kids a try.
14. Spend some time with your kids in the kitchen with these kid and family friendly recipes.
15. Pack up for a road trip and hit one of these nearby southern ski slopes for a long weekend of fun.
16. Stage a staycation at one of these local family-friendly Atlanta hotels.
17. Be mad scientists with these gross but cool science experiments.
Featured image via iStock.