Celebrate International Day of Peace with memories that’ll last a lifetime! Nothing serves a better reminder than photographs, so we’ve come up with 10 fun ideas on how to incorporate peace into your pictures. From visiting your local art sculptures to taking a picture of your napping babe, there are plenty of ideas for families of all ages, shapes and sizes.
1. Have your little one draw a picture of what they think peace means and take a picture of them holding it for the memories.
photo: Edwin Lee via flickr
2. Take a pictures of your mini-me while they are sleeping. On International Peace Day, peace and quiet definitely has a new meaning, especially if you have a newborn.
3. Do you have a peace memorial or sculpture in your city? Visit the spot after school and take a picture.
photo: wplynn via flickr
4. Gather around all your family members and lie on the ground to make a peace sign. This is the time to pull out the selfie-stick for a perfect aerial shot.
5. Don’t have enough people to make a human-sized peace sign? Settle for one made from hands!
6. Rock the traditional peace sign. Hold your fingers in a V shape with your thumb holding down your fourth and pinky finger.
7. Got competitive little ones? Take a picture of your kiddos hugging it out.
8. Where’s the most peaceful place in your hometown? Head there with your little and take a scenic picture.
9. Do one of our cool peace-related crafts and take a picture of it!
10. Have your kids spell out the word peace with their bodies as each letter. Put the five photos together as a collage.
Got more photo ideas? Show us how you celebrated by hashtagging #redtricycle or #rockedtheweekend on Facebook or Instagram.
— Christal Yuen