From your 20-week ultrasound to chasing a tottling toddler, your body has gone through incredible changes in such a short time. Celebrate those changes—and everything you’ve accomplished as a new mama—with clothes that make you look and feel your best. Anook Athletics, the just-released athletic wear brand for pre- and postpartum moms features a line of high-quality, versatile styles that will take you from first trimester and beyond. We tried out Anook Athletics’ new collection and here’s what we found.
How Anook Athletics Is Different
We’ll just come out and say it: This brand lives up to the hype. While many maternity collections promise quality goods that you’ll be able to wear beyond pregnancy, Anook Athletics actually delivers. We specifically tested the Poppy Leggings and Nila bra and here’s what we loved:
• Most maternity activewear leggings we’ve worn just don’t have that glove-like fit we’re used to with our fave non-pregnancy leggings. We’re either pulling up the belly band or adjusting it every few minutes so it gives us the coverage we need. Anook Athletics has it all figured out. Once you put on the leggings, they fit perfectly over every bump and curve—the material feels giving enough for a growing bump and supportive enough to last once baby arrives. The fabric is forgiving, but so well made it won’t stretch out.
• The Nila Bra is comfortable and stylish enough to wear even when not nursing. But if you are, the clips—which you can easily maneuver one-handed—allow for easy access.
• We love supporting mom-founded brands whose mission we can get behind. Founded by Allie Lindenmuth, an Austin-based prenatal yoga teacher and mom, Anook Athletics is all about empowering women through life’s biggest changes and challenges. Their styles are not trendy or cutesy but designed to be realistic to what pregnant and new moms experience, both emotionally and physically.
And, while it’s fair to consider the prices spendy, you’re investing in styles you’ll wear way beyond the pregnancy and infant months.
Styles You’ll Find in the Inaugural Collection:
There are five products in the new collection. We broke it down for you below:
• Poppy Tall and Short Leggings ($98) – Available in tall (28.5”) and short (26”), these leggings come in Heathered Char or Heathered Stone. Both colors and lengths feature a waistline power mesh that won’t have you pulling or adjusting the belly band every five minutes. It’s supportive and giving enough for a growing bump and offers compression after baby is born. The extra-wide gusset with antimicrobial liner offers ventilation, and the moisture management knit material wicks away sweat.
• Hayes Tall and Short Joggers ($98) – For a more lounge-like fit, turn to these joggers that also come in tall (27”) and short lengths (24.5”). Both include extra ventilation and are soft and stretchy enough to accommodate a growing bump and postpartum body types. Choose from Heathered Char or Heathered Stone.
• Austin Shorts ($58) – The prenatal activewear scene was sorely missing shorts…until now. These shorts boast a four-way stretch, antimicrobial lining and are forgiving enough that the waistband will expand and contract to whatever size and shape you currently hold. Available in four colors.
• Nila Bra ($58) – Ever wish your fave sports bra doubled as a nursing bra? Your wish came true with this nursing-friendly sports bra that offers padded coverage and hidden nursing clips. The bra is comfortable enough to wear all day (we tested this out ourselves) and is stylish enough to wear even when you’re not nursing. Available in all four colorways.
• Tank ($62) – Comfortable enough to wear around the house or to yoga class, this tank is sweat-wicking and includes hidden nursing clips and a padded bra. Choose from four colors.
All styles are available at anookathletics.com.
Photos: Anook Athletics
10 Maternity Fashion Tips Every Expecting Mom Needs