It’s the most wonderful time of the year — even more so now that there’s a little bundle in the picture. Here’s what to do for baby’s first holiday. It only comes around once in a lifetime!
1. Spoil him with presents, even though he won’t know the difference or be able to open them.
photo: James Willcox via flickr
2. Establish a holiday tradition that you can use as blackmail when they get older, like a themed holiday card.
photo: Meghan Rose
3. Find some snow and let ’em romp around. Or better yet, eat a handful.
photo: U.S. Army via flickr
4. Sit by a fire. You know how babies love lights? Well, a real fire in a fireplace is next level.
photo: Bradley Newman via flickr
5. Try cranberry sauce. It’s cruel but adorable to watch babies pucker.
photo: Jim Champion via flickr
6. Bundle her in Christmas footie PJs and give Eskimo kisses.
photo: Kelly Sue DeConnick via flickr
7. Play in a pile of wrapping paper.
photo: Caleb Zahnd via flickr
8. Start them young on holiday music.
photo: Sham Hardy via flickr
9. See if he will fit in a stocking. Then snap the most adorable picture of your life.
photo: Sage Ross via flickr
10. Offer a “Baby’s First Christmas” ornament.
photo: Tammra McCauley via flickr
11. Take him for a winter’s stroll to see your local Candy Cane Lane or downtown holiday lights display.
photo: terren in Virginia via flickr
12. Pack her in the carseat and blitz through the aisles Target with the other parents … those presents aren’t going to buy themselves!
photo: Chip Harlan via flickr
What do YOU think are musts for baby’s first holiday? Let us know in the Comments!
— Meghan Rose, Julie Seguss, Ayren Jackson-Cannady, Erin Feher, Leah Singer, Phebe Wahl, Ruby Germain, Christal Yuen & Kelly Aiglon