Jessica Simpson, Kelly Clarkson, Kate Hudson, what do these celebs have in common aside from their million dollar bank accounts, golden voices and stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame? All three celebrity moms had difficult pregnancies, like millions of other moms across the globe. Motherhood is the great equalizer, apparently. Dehydration, Pre-eclampsia, gestational diabetes and hyperemesis gravidarum (acute morning sickness) are just a few of the struggles of pregnancy. What challenges did these celeb moms face in their pregnancy?
- Kim Kardashian struggled with preeclampsia and placenta accreta making having any more babies after her first risky, which is why she used a surrogate for her following births.
- Salma Hayek was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and had several genetic risk factors that made it more likely that her child would have some disabilities.
- Gwyneth Paltrow suffered a miscarriage with her third child, that also put her life at risk.
- Jessica Simpson struggled with edema, sciatica pain, acid reflux during her pregnancy.
- Kelly Clarkson suffered from hyperemesis gravidarum (acute morning sickness) with both of her children.
- Serena Williams difficulties began soon after delivering her daughter via c-section. “She suffered from a pulmonary embolism and the doctors also found a large hematoma.
- Chrissy Teigen suffered a vaginal tear after the birth of her daughter Luna.
Motherhood unites us all and it’s nice to hear these celebs share their struggles as well.