What will 2015 bring? Giggles, grins and a few hundred diaper changes. Beyond that, pave the way for a great year to come and make resolutions for you and baby. Here are 12 suggestions that should make your list.
1. Resolve to print a few of those hundreds of adorable photos and put them in a keepsake book.
photo: slgckgc via flickr
2. If you have a Type A personality (we do) you can make a list (we did) of 52 museums (zoos, gardens and aquariums totally count, too) in your city and vow to visit one each week.
photo: Robin Taylor via flickr
3. Make a pinkie swear together that he’ll sleep soundly from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m … hey, a mom can dream, right?
photo: rashida s. mar b. via flickr
4. Cry less; make silly faces more.
photo: Donnie Ray Jones via flickr
5. Write something down every day that baby did. Record the milestones. It’s so fun to read these things back to them when they are older!
photo: audi_insperation via flickr
6. Go to a mommy and me workout class together. Mom loses pounds and baby gains strength!
photo: Thomas Kohler via flickr
7. Add some new nursery rhymes and songs to your repertoire … because “The Itsy Bitsy Spider” is getting old fast.
photo: The Hudson Family via flickr
8. Read together every day, even it’s Vogue or the New York Times.
photo: Ankur P. via flickr
9. Get out of the house for a walk on the days you feel like staying in bed. If it means keeping your PJs on, so be it!
photo: Elvert Barnes via flickr
10. Take one road trip that’s planned so strategically that you don’t have to make 53 pit stops. Maybe you’ll just make 52. And that’s okay.
photo: the_luna via flickr
11. Visit with an elderly person even if you’re not related to them — it will make their day.
photo: Toshimasa Ishibashi via flickr
12. Enjoy every coo, giggle and dimpled grin because time truly does race by.
photo: Carnaval King 08 via flickr
What should we add to this list? Let us know in the Comments!
— Meghan Rose, Ayren Jackson-Cannady, Julie Seguss, Amber Guetebier, Shelley Massey, Megan Wintermute, Ruby Germain, Kelly Aiglon & Christal Yuen