First steps and words are fun to celebrate. But don’t sit around waiting for the mega milestones! There are tons of “firsts” happening every day — little things that might make you laugh, smile or even cringe a little bit. No matter what, they’re all part of this crazy parenting journey. Here are a dozen of them.
The first time your baby …
1) … discovers that shaking his diapered butt is a bona fide dance move.
Gif taken from early learning via YouTube
2) … builds germ immunity.
photo: Jacqui Boland
3) … has enough hair to give her a first ‘do … Pebbles style, of course.
photo: Meghan Rose
4) … tastes a lemon.
Gif: ddddddakira via YouTube
5) … does the Superman stretch — one first to the chest, another in the air!
6) … uses puree to give herself a facial.
Photo : Steve Winton via Flickr Creative Commons
7) … shouts “NO!” (complete with talk-to-the-hand gesturing).
Gif: Will Grant via YouTube
8) … has a playdate. The social shunning that takes place during parallel play makes mean teens look like the welcome wagon.
Photo: Sam DeLong via Flickr Creative Commons
9) … goes outside on a windy day and doesn’t exactly know how to handle it.
Photo: bradleyolin via Flickr Creative Commons
10) … surfs the dishwasher.
photo: Janine Dodge
11) … raids a box of Cheerios.
Photo: madgerly via Flickr Creative Commons
12) … has his first big diaper blowout (bonus points if you’re not near a bathroom).
Photo: Thorsten Troszenberg via Flickr Creative Commons
What is your most memorable baby first? Let us know in the Comments!
— Christal Yuen, Meghan Rose, Jacqui Boland, Ayren Jackson-Cannady, Phebe Wahl, Ruby St. Germain, Janine Dodge & Kelly Aiglon