Eager to find out the sex of your baby? Have some fun trying these at home baby prediction tests to find out whether your baby will be a boy or girl. Will a wacky at-home prediction test really tell you the sex of a baby? You’ll have to try these girl or boy tests to find out.
photo: Public Domain Pictures via Pixabay
1. Carrying high? That’s supposed to mean you’ll have a girl, while a low rider means boy.
2. If your skin has that pregnancy glow, chances are you’re having a boy, according to one old wives’ tale. If you’re breaking out, get ready for a girl.
3. Look at your breasts in the mirror. If your right breast is larger than your left, you’re having a girl. If your left breast looks larger, it’s a boy.
4. Consult a Chinese gender chart, which uses your age and the month you conceived to determine baby’s sex.
photo: MarcTheShark1287 via Pixabay
5. Energetic fetuses are thought to be boys, while chill babes in utero are predicted to be girls.
6. Pee in a cup (you should be a pro at this by now after all those doctor’s visits), and then mix in 1 tablespoon of Drano drain cleaner. If the color turns green, you’ll have a girl. Blue means it’s a boy. (Be careful with this one. Drano can be toxic, so wear gloves and a mask or have someone else do this experiment for you.)
7. At your next prenatal checkup, check out baby’s head in the ultrasound. If it’s square-shaped, then you’re having a boy. If you see a rounder head, it’s a girl.
8. Tie a ring on the end of a piece of string. Sit down and have someone hold the string over your belly. If the ring swings in a circle, you’re having a girl. If it swings back and forth, it’s a boy.
photo: Fotorech via Pixabay
9. That dark line that runs from your pubic bone straight up the center of your belly (known as the linea nigra) is said to indicate baby’s sex. If the line stops at your belly button, you’re having a girl. If the line continues up to your ribs and chest, it’s a boy.
10. The faster the heart rate, the more likely you’re having a girl. The slower the heart rate (below 140 beats per minute), the more likely you’re having a boy.
11. If the skin on your hands is dry and chapped during pregnancy, you’re more likely to be carrying a boy. Smooth skin means it’ll be a girl.
photo: kaboompics via Pixabay
12. If you’re craving salty foods, then you’re pregnant with a boy. Are you jonesin’ for something sweet? Then it’s a girl you’re carrying.
13. Since you have to pee all the time anyway, pee in a cup one more time. Then drop in some baking soda. If it fizzes, then it’s a boy; if it doesn’t, it’s a girl.
14. Here’s another pee test: Boil a head of red cabbage in some water. Save the red cabbage water and mix it in a cup with your urine. If the water turns pink, it means a girl is on its way. If the water is purple, you’re having a boy.
15. Next time you wake up in the morning (or from one of those much-needed pregnancy naps), check which side of your body you’re sleeping on. Left side indicates boy, while right means girl.
photo: FeeLoona via Pixabay
16. This one is similar to the Chinese chart above. The Mayans take the mama’s age at conception and add it to the year baby was conceived. If it’s an odd number, the baby is a boy. Even means it’s a girl.
17. If your morning sickness lasts beyond the first trimester, some people think you’re carrying a girl. If your sickness subsides or you didn’t have any to begin with (lucky you!), then it’s a boy.
18. If your baby is looking like a basketball, it could be you’re having a boy. If your baby bump is more spread out across your waistline, then it’s a girl.
Ready to announce whether it’s a boy or a girl? Check out our favorite creative gender reveal ideas.
featured photo: iStock