Here’s a healthy treat that’s easy to make and comes with a fun twist that’ll make your kids smile. This cute, festive springtime snack will pack a nutritious punch and please the crowd. Since toppings can vary, an assortment can be made to cater to different palates or nutritional needs. Now finally a food that’s okay to play with!
1 ripe banana
1 tablespoon of peanut butter (can substitute sunflower butter)
1/2 cup of something you have in the house that your child loves: a favorite cereal, dried fruit, graham crackers, dried coconut
1. Peel and slice banana into 2 inch slices
2. Spread peanut butter around banana to cover each banana piece
3. Put toppings in a plastic bag and crush, then transfer to shallow bowl
4. Roll bananas in the topping (s)
5. Insert two pretzel into top to serve as “bunny ears”
Paula Brooke Hankin is a New York-based personal, celebrity, and small events chef and adoring mother to her son, Max. She is the founder of Clueless in the Kitchen, a culinary concierge service offering a variety of classes and party catering. Check out her website for more awesome recipes here.