Give your next dinner a cheesy twist with these meatballs from The Weary Chef. We love this dish for its versatility–serve it as an app or put ’em in a big pot of pasta sauce. You can even change up the type of cheese you use. Andi of The Weary Chef suggests cubes of mozzarella, but regular string cheese will work just fine, too!
16 ounces ground turkey (or substitute ground beef)
2 teaspoons onion powder
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
4 ounces mozzarella cheese cut into 1″ cubes
1. Stir together all ingredients except cheese.
2. Spray a skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat.
3. Using a medium disher, scoop meat mixture. Press a cube of cheese into the center of the scoop of meat, and use your fingers to spread meat over the cheese to cover it completely.
4. Drop the stuffed meatball right into the hot skillet. Repeat until you’ve made all the meatballs. Use tongs to flip the meatballs to brown on all sides. (Cooking will take approximately 10 minutes.)
5. If serving as a party food, serve immediately while hot. If you are stirring them into pasta sauce, the cheese will stay melted in the hot sauce until ready to serve.
Will you make this dish? Tell us how it went and if you have any advice for our community in the comments below!
Andi Gleeson is the author of The Weary Chef, a friendly recipe blog focusing on quick and easy dinner recipes. She is a mom of two wild little boys in San Francisco. Her obsessions are Target, glitter nail polish, and Mexican food.