Looking to hit a hole in one on your next family outing? Head to Naperville’s newest golf and entertainment hot spot where you can improve your own game while introducing your kids to golf in a fun, interactive and non-intimidating environment all year-round. Read on — we’ve got the details teed up for you below.
What is Topgolf?
Part souped-up driving range, part sports bar, part hotel game room — Topgolf has something for everyone, including:
- 3 levels containing a 102-bay driving range with 7 competitive games
- Advanced ball-tracking technology
- Individual and group golf lessons, tournaments and leagues
- Special events for kids 12 and under
- Summer camps and academies for kids
- Birthday parties
- Climate controlled bays each with its own HD TV and wait service
- Lounge with pool tables, Xbox and shuffleboard
- Live bands and DJ’s
- Rooftop terrace with fire pits, dining room and three bars
- A full menu of food made from scratch daily (tip: try the “Mushi!”)
Inside Tip: Be sure to request a bay on the ground floor if you’re playing with little ones. All that open space on the second and third levels is enough to give any parent an anxiety attack just thinking about it (there are nets, but still).
Not Your Grandpa’s Driving Range
No offense to your grandpa, but his driving range is B-O-R-I-N-G compared to Topgolf’s. Gone are the days of tee up, swing, repeat … and repeat … and repeat. Topgolf is a one-of-a-kind golf entertainment experience with advanced technology to track the accuracy and distance of players’ shots. The nature of Topgolf allows novices to compete with experts, which is perfect for families who have varying golf abilities. With seven different driving range games designed to improve every aspect of your game, practice has never been so fun.
Swing Tips from PGA Pros
If you tend to whiff more than you hit, you’ll be in good company. Majority of Topgolf’s patrons describe themselves as “non-golfers.” Fortunately the PGA Certified Instructors at Topgolf U offer lessons for all ages and skill levels. Topgolf provides lessons in a fun, non-intimidating environment, microchip technology that provides instant shot feedback from every target, slow motion video analytics, and weekly clinics.
Cost for lessons: Individual lessons start at $50 for kids and $75 for adults, with 5-pack and 3+ month options available. Group lessons range from $90-$160 depending on the number of people in the group, and weekly clinics cost $105/, $165/women and $190/men for a 4-week session.
Just FORE Kids
Topgolf was designed with families in mind, and their special events for the little ones in your life won’t disappoint. Join their KidZone club for kids 12 and under and you’ll get the scoop on special events that will amp up the fun for the whole fam. In October, Topgolf Naperville hosted a special Pumpkins & Putts event, which included two hours of free play, a buffet, costume party and trick or treating around the facility. In December Santa stops by and expect an exceptional Easter egg hunt event in the spring!
Topgolf has also just begun to stage KidZone tournaments at various locations across the country, allowing kids to compete in various age groups to see who is best at Topgolf. Their summer camps/academies teach the game of golf to kids in a fun way that’s a lot less intimidating than playing 9 or 18 holes on a course.
Birthday parties at Topgolf are a great way to get your kids and their friends excited about golf! At $25 per guest, birthday parties for kids of all ages include:
- 2 hours of unlimited Topgolf play
- Lifetime membership card (allows guests to track their scores in the various driving range games – good for any time they visit Topgolf)
- Catered meals from the Kids’ Menu
- Unlimited sodas, lemonade & iced tea
- Dedicated Bay Host to set up and manage the event
- Access to the entire facility, including game lounge with X-box, pool tables and shuffleboard
- Option to add on Topgolf U to any party to have a PGA certified instructor teach the kiddos tips to improve their swing
If you have an adult-sized kid in your life who’d love to have a golf-themed party, Topgolf makes it easy to reserve space for groups of 12 or more right on their website. With over 3,000 square feet of private event space, great food and full service bars, it’s also a fun and unique choice for holiday parties, corporate events and girls/guys nights out.
3211 Odyssey Court
Any other fun spots to enjoy tee time with the wee ones? Tell us in the Comments below?
— MaryKate Hickey
Photos courtesy of Topgolf Naperville