Chicken pot pie takes cupcake form in this recipe from food blogger, Amy of Broke Ass Foodie. Not only is this recipe simple (hello, 5 steps!), Amy also breaks down the cost of each ingredient for the budget-minded. The result? A dozen chicken pot pie cupcakes that cost less than $6.
Total time: 30 minutes
1.5 cups fully cooked shredded chicken $1.62
1 (15 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup $1.25
1 cup frozen mixed vegetables $0.25
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese $0.83
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce $0.02
½ teaspoon garlic powder $0.05
12 Pillsbury Grand Biscuits $1.88
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients with a large spoon until blended well.
3. In a muffin tin sprayed with cooking spray, form each canned biscuit to muffin cups.
4. Evenly spoon chicken mixture into each biscuit cup.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.