If you’re scratching your head and thinking, what am I going to make for dinner tonight, then look no further than this recipe for Chicken with Creamy Mustard Sauce. It’s an awesome recipe to serve to guests because you’ll be out of the kitchen fast and it also doubles as a great weeknight meal when the kiddos are hungry and your time is limited! You’ll only need one skillet and the recipe makes quite a bit more sauce than you will really need for the chicken, so you can pour it over pasta or rice to make an easy side dish. Bon Appetite!
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/3 cup reduced sodium chicken stock
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon oregano
1. Rinse chicken breasts under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper to taste.
2. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken to pan. Cook 10 -12 minutes, turning once, or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
3. Reduce heat to low. Add chicken stock and cream to pan, scraping the bottom to loosen any browned bits from the chicken.
4. Whisk in the mustard and oregano. Cook 2 more minutes, stirring frequently.
5. Pour mustard sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
Susan Schuman is a working mom with two small kids and a hungry husband. She writes Our Family Eats to share ideas for fun, wholesome meals that anyone can fit into their hectic schedule. You can connect with Susan on Twitter @ourfamilyeats.