Do you always forget to thaw your main course and end up with spaghetti? Are you too busy wrangling little ones to keep a look out on the pot so it doesn’t boil over? Do you have a fear of appliances, but just so happen to have a slow cooker? This chicken recipe was made for you. It only has a few ingredients, cooks by itself and is jaw-droppingly delicious.
Serves: As many as you’d like, depending on how many chicken breasts you cook. 1/2 to 1 full piece of chicken per person (depending on size of person).
2-4 chicken breasts, depending on number of people at the table and size of your slow cooker
1 packet of taco seasoning – any variety
1. Take all of your frozen chicken and place them in your slow cooker
2. Pour packet of taco seasoning all over the chicken
3. Fill slow cooker so that the chicken is just covered with equal parts chicken stock and water (could be 1 cup of each or more depending on size of slow cooker and amount of chicken)
4. move chicken around with a wooden spoon or other utensil to make sure they are covered and equally seasoned
5. Cook on high for the first 2 hours and low on the last 2-3 hours.
6. Check back periodically to make sure chicken is covered in liquid. You could also flip the chicken over to guarantee it won’t go dry.
7. After about 4 hours the chicken should be easily shred-able with two forks.
8. Put in a tortilla with cheese and your finished!
Lauren is an Editorial Intern for Red Tricycle and a freelance writer. She writes over at I’m Better In Real Life about pretty much everything including her partnership with Flo, her Kitchen Aid.