The chef, healthy living expert and mom behind Living with Ashley, Ashley Walter, is no stranger to mealtime battles. These chocolate banana pancakes are one of the few things her three-year-old daughter won’t say no to. And, it’s a great way to meal prep! Ashley suggests making the mix plain, in order to change up the toppings throughout the week. See the entire recipe below.
Makes 8 pancakes
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 cups oat flour, gluten-free
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 cup unsweetened hemp or oat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, sliced, I wait to slice them for when I am serving the pancakes so they do not brown
- 1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips, to top
- coconut oil for pan – tip: to save on fat, I use the coconut oil spray!
- In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, salt, + cinnamon
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients: yogurt, milk, egg, + vanilla.
- Mix the wet ingredients slowly into the dry- mix well.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat + spray with the cooking oil.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, pour the batter into the skillet. Cook for 3 minutes, then flip + continue until lightly browned. Continue to cook the entirety of the batter.
- When ready-to-serve; top with 1 TB chocolate chips + some banana slices!