Crunchy chocolate chip cookies really go well with anything. In fact, we have a little secret to divulge — we’re noshing on some right now! Here’s a great recipe we found courtesy of our friend the Culinary Dude, a father and chef who sure knows how to make a mean chocolate chip cookie. Bring them to a barbecue this summer as a treat and your friends will be totally amazed at your mad baking skills. Share the chocolate chip cookie love in the comment section below and let us know how your batch turned out.
½ C butter
¾ C brown sugar
¼ t baking soda
½ t vanilla
1 ¼ flour
1 C any kind of chocolate chips
1 C any kind of nuts-optional
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2. Using an electric mixer cream the first 5 ingredients together, making sure that everything is combined well.
3. Once mixed, slowly add the flour until making a dough.
4. Using a wooden spoon, mix in the chips and nuts, if desired.
5. Make dough into 1-2 inch balls and place on an ungreesed, parchment paper covered, cookie sheet, making sure that there is enough space between each ball.
6. Cook for 8-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
7. Let cool and eat!
Makes 20-30 cookies
Check out our other delicious recipes HERE
This is a recipe from our friend Chef Scott Davis, The Culinary Dude who teaches awesome cooking classes to families, parents and kids in Los Altos, Sacramento, Napa, Healdsburg, Los Angeles, Sausalito and San Francisco. For more information email Scott Davis or visit www.theculinarydudeontour.com for more details.