Editor’s note: We’re making every effort to provide you with the most up-to-date information. However, sometimes closures occur at the last minute due to circumstances beyond our control, such as the spread of Covid-19. We highly recommend that you call ahead before you pack your kids pack your kids (and all those snacks, and diapers…) and haul them across town. Stay safe!
Spring break is on the horizon! There are tons of things to do with kids in Dallas during spring break and we’ve got a bunch of our favorites here. Head to the movies, make it a scavenger hunt day, walk through the tulips and more—find your DFW adventure below!
1. Explore the biggest and boldest landmarks around Downtown Dallas and race against the clock with a family scavenger hunt.
2. Head to the Perot Museum to see Origins: Fossils from the Cradle to Humankind before it leaves town on Mach 22.
4. Head to the movies and catch a special sensory-friendly screening with the lights up and the sound down, perfect for kids!
5. All aboard the Forest Park Miniature Railway! Throughout its five-mile journey, the train travels under the highway and proceeds into the tranquil Trinity Park.
6. Head to Geppetto's Theater for a marionette performance of Happily Ever After. This one-hour show is great for little ones!
7. Make it a road trip and visit this beach resort in Port Aransas, TX (the kids will thank you!).
8. It's Spring Break Safari Week at the Texas Discovery Gardens where you can enjoy discovery-themed activities and crafts each day.
9. Get a-maze-d at the Cowtown Cattlepen Maze where Tuesdays are half price!
10. Have you see the Apollo 11 exhibit at the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History yet? It's here through March 22 so check it out now!
11. Any day is a good day to visit the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame where you can learn about women, past and present, whose lives exemplify the courage, resilience and independence that helped shape the American West.
13. Kids will love cheering on your local sports team at the American Airlines Center when the Dallas Stars are in town.
14. Have a PAW Patrol fanatic in your posse? You are in luck as they are in town!
15. Have you taken the kids to Rainbow Vomit yet? Now is the time to go as the balloons are taking over!
16. There's free admission and tons of extra programming at the Nasher Sculpture Garden, just in time for spring break!
17. If Cajun is your game, plan to spend some time listening to Zydeco music and enjoying all sorts of delicious eats at the Big Mamou Cajun Festival.
18. The tulips have taken over the Dallas Arboretum and there's lots of programming for kids and families all throughout spring break.
19. Check out a new indoor playground where the kids can run wild while you enjoy a cup of coffee.