Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season and not too overwhelmed with all the check lists of things to do. Although this time of year can tend to be a bit crazy and stressful, it is important to remember the message of the holidays and for everyone that means something different. For me, the holidays means family, friends, memories, and showing the people you love how much you appreciate them.
I love teaching this message to my children and one way we do this is having them help with all the gifts that they give to people. This year we chose a cute reindeer hot chocolate that is easy to make and of course adorable. Lets get started:
MATERIALS AND INGREDINTS:
- Piping Bags
- Chocolate Envelope
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Mini Marshmallows
- Red Pom Pom Ball
- Wiggle Eyes
- Tan or Brown Pipe Cleaner
- Custom note for who you are giving the gift too
- Single Hole Punch
- Pour hot cocoa mix into piping bag all the way to bottom
- Layer in mini chocolate chips
- Add layer of marshmallows
- Cinch the top of the bag and tie on a ribbon
- Cut out a gift note and punch a hole in the top. Weave the ribbon through the hole and knot it to hold the gift tag in place
- Wrap a pipe cleaner around the bag and shape it into antlers
- Place wiggle eyes and glue a pom pom for Rudolph’s face
- Trim off the excess piping bag above antlers
This is the time of year where our kiddos get spoiled with gifts and attention. In all the gift receiving, it is important to teach our children that giving gifts, appreciating others, and showing your love is just as important.
Happy Holidays everyone!