Muffins or donuts, donuts or muffins… stop humming and hawing over which pastry to choose because there’s a recipe that lets you have donuts and muffins in one sweet bite. These double-whammy treats by A Bountiful Love bring a satisfying rich and cake-y texture to your morning that goes down perfectly with milk (or coffee for the parents). See what your pantry needs below.
1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup oil
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cups milk
For the Coating:
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tbsp Cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix the dry ingredients ( flour, baking soda, salt , nutmeg and cinnamon).
3. Combine oil, sugar, egg and milk in a separate bowl.
4. Add the dry ingredients to wet and do not over mix.
5. Just stir until it is incorporated.
6. Pour over greased muffin tins or lined tins. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
7. While waiting, melt the butter in a bowl. In another bowl make your sugar cinnamon mixture.
8. When muffins are done , let it cool slightly (warm to touch).
9. Dip the muffins in the butter, then into the sugar-cinnamon mixture.
10. Cool completely.
What amazing breakfast combinations have you tried before?
This recipe and photos is brought to you by A Bountiful Love, a baking blog about family and stirring up yummy dishes in the kitchen. Visit A Bountiful Love for more family-friendly recipes and tips from a stay-at-home mom.