When is the last time you had a few minutes of relaxation for yourself? Moms are always taking care of everyone in the family, but often forget to gives themselves that same care and compassion. Buying a new outfit or spending a day solo isn’t always possible. But here are ten easy ways you can practice a bit of self-care at home, any day of the week.
1. Call a friend (on the phone) an chat for 15 minutes.
2. Check out a few books from the library and read one chapter a day (cat optional).
3. Journal for five minutes about anything that comes to mind.
4. Make yourself breakfast or lunch with the same amount of care you do for your kids. And eat it sitting down at the table with silverware.
5. Pour a bowl of cereal and watch an episode of your fave show on TV.
6. Light a candle and do a yoga pose (don’t worry, nobody is watching).
7. Make a playlist of music that makes you happy and listen to one song a day. Do your best Beyonce move.
8. Talk a walk around your neighborhood alone.
9. Paint your nails.
10. Take a nap at the same time your little one does.
Do you have simple ways to treat yourself at home? Share your ideas in the comments below.
—Leah R. Singer
Treat yourself every day with Clarisonic. Gentle enough for twice-a-day use, Clarisonic devices are the #1 most recommended by US dermatologists. Clarisonic’s mission is to beautifully transform skin and it does that by cleansing skin 6X better than hands alone. Save 20% on a Clarisonic device through the exclusive Red Tricycle offer when you use REDTRICYCLE promo code at checkout. Offer valid through December 17, 2016.