It’s hard to believe it’s finally May! This is a great month for spending time with the family because the weather is nice and so much happens around this time of year. From taking a family bike ride to making a time capsule we’ve rounded up 31 different family activities to try. There’s one for every day of the month.
1. Do something nice for all the teachers in your life. Here are some ideas.
2. Read everyone’s horoscope for the month of May.
3. Set up an outdoor art project.
4. Do some stargazing in the backyard or at a park.
5. Play tourist in your own hometown.
6. Organize an afternoon of backyard games.
7. Make and blow bubbles on a sunny afternoon.
8. Take a family bike ride.
9. Make popsicles.
10. Make a May Day bouquet.
11. Go geocaching. Here’s our guide to help you get started.
12. Decide on a new outdoor toy for summer!
13. Write a limerick with your kids. Here’s how to do it.
14. Make a batch of glow-in-the-dark ice cubes.
15. Organize a family movie night and pick one of these 100+ classic movies for kids.
16. Cook a meal together.
17. Make a time capsule.
18. Let your kids interview you with these 10 cute questions.
19. Take your first swim of the season. We’ve got some epic pool floats to get you ready.
20. Plan a trip to a National Park (for when it's safe to travel).
21. Plan a campout for your backyard.
22. Try one of these edible science experiments.
23. Create a family reading nook.
24. Have a family dinner and spark the conversation with one of these questions.
25. Get zen as a family by checking out our list of virtual yoga classes and programs.
26. Call or FaceTime with out-of-town family.
27. Make donuts in your air fryer with these 10 recipes.
28. Book a beach house for your summer vacation.
29. Host an outdoor family game night. Check out our list of top-rated, new family board games first.
30. Tell each other jokes from our list (There are almost 300 to tell!).
31. Pick a new bedtime story from our ultimate list.
Featured image: iStock