Now that June is upon us, it’s time to say hello to summer with fun family activities. From Father’s Day, to the best ways to boost the backyard fun, here are 30 ways to spend some quality family time in June.
1. Cook together as a family with one of these stove-free summer recipes.
3. Go berry picking at a local orchard or pickery.
4. Make a fruity dessert with the strawberries you picked.
5. Sign up for summer reading programs.
6. Pack snacks and have a picnic in your backyard.
7. Set up an easy gardening project for your kids.
8. Or, build a toy car garage on a rainy day.
9. Catch fireflies.
10. Have a weekly "crafternoon" with summer crafts.
11. Teach your kid how to ride a bike.
12. Attend an outdoor movie.
13. Go fishing in a lake.
14. Find a locally owned restaurant that delivers family-style meal kits.
15. Go birding with our printable scavenger hunt.
16. Have a cook-out using one of these 25 hot dog recipes.
17. Set up an outdoor art space and make some art.
18. Have an outdoor game day with these 15 classic yard games.
19. Have a 1980s-inspired summer day.
20. Get ready for summer by refreshing your backyard.
21. Make homemade ice cream (and you don't even need a fancy machine).
22. Have a yes day with your kids.
23. Take a camping trip—in your backyard.
25. Paint rocks and hide them in your community.
26. Make a DIY Father's Day gift for dad.
27. Make glow-in-the-dark slime.
28. Channel your inner artists with cool sidewalk chalk drawing.
29. Set up a kiddie pool and do one of these cool activities with it.
30. Take a vacation without leaving the house.
—Gabby Cullen with Leah Singer