Spring is coming, which means we’ll get be enjoying warmer weather soon. April is a great month for spending time with the family because there’s so much to do! From getting your garden ready to spending an afternoon on your driveway with a bucket of sidewalk chalk, we’ve rounded up 30 different family activities to try. There’s one for every day!
1. Have a family dinner and spark the conversation with one of these questions.
2. Get into the spring mood with a carrot or bunny craft.
3. Read a book that’ll help your kids identify bullying behavior.
4. Set up an obstacle course at home.
5. Learn how to make a fairy garden.
6. Make something fun out of those extremely valuable TP rolls.
7. Enjoy this awesome collection of incredible chalk art.
8. Set up an art project that’s easy to clean up.
9. If you've got a preschooler, we’ve got something for you too.
10. Spend time outside with one of these gardening projects for kids.
11. Build an outdoor fort in your backyard.
12. Plan a trip to a National Park (for when it's safe to travel).
13. Cook a meal together.
14. Take a family bike ride.
15. Host an outdoor family game night. Check out our list of top-rated, new family board games first.
16. Hike your own ‘hood.
17. Host an outdoor family game night. Check out our list of top-rated, new family board games first.
18. April 10th is National Sibling Day. Read one of our favorite stories about brothers and sisters.
19. Organize a treasure hunt with our own tutorial.
20. Spend a whole afternoon doing things that don't require technology
21. Plant a summer garden. If you need a place to do so, consider an old wheelbarrow!
22. Make a butterfly mask.
23. Learn how you and your crew can go green with little effort.
24. Plan an evening to stargaze. We've got the perfect guide for starters here.
25. Order take out to support a local, family-owned restaurant.
26. Plan an outdoor movie night.
27. Print out one of our scavenger hunts and explore your neighborhood.
28. Learn how to make friendship bracelets.
30. Call or FaceTime with out-of-town family.
—Gabby Cullen with Amber Guetebier
Featured image: iStock