August is here so it’s time to soak up those last moments of summer before it’s back to school. We’ve got 30 ways to make the most of these final days. From outdoor games and family-friendly crafts to books and indoor activities we bet you haven’t tried, here’s how to play together this month.
2. Get in the Olympic spirit and cheer on your favorite athletes when you host at-home Olympic games for your fam.
3. Enjoy these warm summer nights while you still can with twilight games everyone can play.
5. Speaking of back-to-school, skip a trip to the store and try a kid's clothing subscription for those first day outfits.
6. Get to know your neighbors during the National Night Out—it’s the first Tuesday in August. We’ve got 10 questions inquiring minds want to know.
7. Who else’s kids are all about Japan right now? Try at least one of these amazing Japanese dishes for dinner this month.
8. Dig through the recycling bin. There’s treasure in there! We’re sure you’ve got all you need to make these creative cardboard box crafts.
9. Serve totally tricked out sundaes on Sunday.
12. Invite some friends over. There’s still time to host a backyard barbeque before the summer is over.
13. Need a laugh? Tickle your kiddo’s funny bone with these back-to-school-themed jokes.
14. All you need is string to complete these funky crafts with the kids.
15. Sit down with your kids to talk about what to expect at school, post-pandemic to ease their fears and help them adjust.
16. With kids heading back to school, it’s time to refresh your family organization station.
17. Unicorn snacks are where it’s at when you need a scrumptious summer treat everyone will adore.
18. Take advantage of these fading summer days with sun science experiments that’ll fascinate your kids.
19. Hunt for treasure big and small around your community.
20. Make summer music with DIY wind chimes.
21. Get a sneak peek at Ada Twist Scientist—it’s coming to Netflix next month!
22. Sitting down to build LEGOs with the kids is always a blast. Try something new with these fantastic LEGO games.
24. Grab your timers! These kid’s obstacle courses are the challenge you’ve been looking for.
25. Got a minute? Try one of these silly challenges before dinner or bedtime.
26. With the big kids off to school, you’ll need creative ideas to keep your preschoolers busy at home.
27. Mix up magical potions for your mini Harry Potter fans.
28. It’s not too late to set up the ultimate backyard water park. Trust us!
29. Find a treehouse rental that’s just right for your little tree lovers.
30. These no-bake desserts will satisfy your sweet tooth without heating up the house on a hot summer day.
—Allison Sutcliffe & Gabby Cullen
Featured image: iStock