We are so excited about this recipe because it sounds so scrumptious and fancy, but the reality is it’s perfect for kids and parents alike. What kid doesn’t love a flaky pizza? And that’s exactly what this is. It’s super easy, and isn’t the same old same old. You could pull this out for a dinner party, or on a Thursday night for the little ones and both groups will gobble this up!
All-purpose flour, for the work surface
1/2 sheet puff pastry (1/4 of a 17.3-ounce package)
1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup grated Gruyere cheese (you can use any other cheese that melts well, if Gruyere isn’t your taste)
olive oil for drizzling
kosher salt and black pepper
1. Heat oven to 400° F. On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry into a 9-by-6-inch rectangle.
2. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and refrigerate until firm, at least 30 minutes.
3. Prick the puff pastry all over with a fork and top with the tomatoes and gruyere.
4. Drizzle with the oil and season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
5. Bake until golden brown and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Cut into pieces before serving.