The U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) has announced that Graco has recalled several inclined sleeper accessories due to a risk of suffocation. Other manufacturers have been informed of infant fatalities involving inclined sleep products when infants roll over while unrestrained.
The recall applies to the Graco Pack ‘n Play Day2Dream Playard with Bedside Sleeper, Graco Pack ‘n Play Nuzzle Nest Playard, Graco Pack ‘n Play Everest Playard and Graco Pack ‘n Play Rock ‘n Grow Playard.
To see if you own a recalled product, check the associated model numbers located on a label on the underside of the playard on one of the tubes.
- Graco Pack ‘n Play Day2Dream Playard & Bedside Sleeper: Model numbers 2034085, 2048753 and 2053215
- Graco Pack ‘n Play Nuzzle Nest Playard: Model numbers 1947177 and 1896392
- Graco Pack ‘n Play Everest Playard: Model numbers 1946902 and 1946903
- Graco Pack ‘n Play Rock ‘n Grow Playard: Model number 2105055
The inclined sleeper accessory is the only part of the product under recall, and the playard, changing station and bassinets remain safe to use. As of now, no injuries have been reported to Graco.
The affected products were sold at Babies R Us, BuyBuyBaby and other stores, as well as online at Amazon.com, Target.com and various other websites for $270 to $350. The items were sold from:
- Nov. 2017 through Sep. 2020 for Day2Dream Playard & Bedside Sleeper
- May 2015 through Dec. 2018 for Nuzzle Nest Playard
- Sept. 2015 through Dec. 2018 for Everest Playard
- Dec. 2019 through Apr. 2020 for Rock ‘n Grow Playard
Parents should stop using the recalled inclined sleeper accessory as soon as possible and contact Graco for a refund for the accessory.
All photos: Courtesy of Graco