Make your after dinner routine a sweet affair without the calories with this recipe for grilled pineapple that comes to us from Roti & Rice. Grilling the pineapple carmelizes the fruit’s sugars and lessens the acidity. Use your outdoor grill or a grill pan on the stove–both work wonders and will leave you with a healthy dessert everyone will love.
4 round slices of pineapple, each about 1/2 inch thick
4 tsp. granulated sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tbsp. of vegetable oil
1. Cut each slice of pineapple into semi circles.
2. Combine granulated sugar and cinnamon into a small bowl. Sprinkle over pineapple slices onto both sides.
3. Heat up a cast iron grill pan on the stove. Brush pan with vegetable oil.
4. Place pineapple slices on the pan and grill for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. You may have to do it in two batches.
5. Remove and serve immediately.
What other fruits do you throw on the grill?