There is no shortage of Halloween events at Disney Parks and they are already gearing up for a spooky season. From Sept. 7 through Oct. 31 you can celebrate an extra long season of Halloween with ghosts and ghouls, and all kid-friendly.
Each park has it’s own style and we’ve got all the details for Disney World, Disneyland and Disneyland California Adventure right here!
Halloween at Disneyland
There's nothing quite like Halloween time at Disneyland! Not only will the park be decked out in Halloween decor, but guests of the Disneyland hotel can also expect extra treats when the season officially starts.
- Get ready to see all your Disney characters dressed to the nines and ready for Halloween. In addition to the adorable Mickey entourage, you'll also be treated to your fave bad guys over at Villain's Square.
- The Frightfully Fun Parade will get you in the spirit! Princesses and other fun characters will all be aboard, including the Headless Horseman who rides again.
- Don't forget to turn your eyes to the sky to catch the special Halloween Screams Fireworks show!
- Space Mountain is getting a spooky update as it's turned into a Ghost Galaxy. Get ready for some creepy music and a scary flight into space!
- The Haunted Mansion is getting it's annual makeover and will be joined by Jack Skellington as it's transformed into Halloween Town from the Nightmare Before Christmas.
- Main Street's Pumpkin Festival is also back this year, with the iconic oversized Mickey jack-o-lantern taking center stage, surrounded by hundreds of other hand-carved pumpkins.
- Select nights in September and October also means it's time for Mickey's Halloween Party! Gear up for this special-ticketed event where the kiddos can wear their costumes and go trick or treating in the park.
Halloween at Disney's California Adventure
Get ready to celebrate Halloween with all your favorite Cars characters and catch a site of Oogie Boogie, too! Disney's California Adventure will have lots of costumed characters and park-specific Halloween merchandise you can't find anywhere else.
- "Radiator Screams" has been transformed! Tons of laughs will be had when you spy famous Cars characters decked out in "Haul-o-ween" garb.
- Head over to Mater's Junkyard "JamBOOree" that's been covered in cobwebs and amazing purple twinkle lights.
- Check out Luigi's Honkin' "Haul-o-ween" that's been transformed with Halloween music and decor. We imagine this rockin' ride is best done at night, under the cobwebs.
- Spy Oogie Bookie? He'll be all over the park, along with other dark decor. Pay special attention to his one of a kind popcorn buckets!
- Finally, take to the skies with Guardians of the Galaxy-Monsters After Dark transformation. Rocket is still on a mission to escape, but this time it's with plenty of Halloween decorations and we'd imagine, some amazing music, too.
Halloween at Walt Disney World
It's all about Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party when it comes to Walt Disney World. The event starts shockingly early––on Aug. 17, you'll be treated to tons of attraction overlays, costumed characters and plenty of special Halloween treats.
- Dining takes a turn for the spooky with specially-themed sit down dinner and dessert options with a Halloween twist.
- Don't miss the Happy HalloWishes Fireworks show that's packed with festive music and amazing pyrotechnics.
- The Hocus Pocus Villain Spelltacular is the perfect place to meet up with all your fave villains. (Grab a Hocus Pocus spirit jersey to really show your Halloween spirit!)
- The Scream-o-Ween Dance Party is your ticket to Monstropoulis! Dance away the night with Sully and Mike from Monsters, Inc.
- Enjoy tons of overlay themes on beloved Disney rides, like Pirates of the Caribbean, the Mad Tea Party and Space Mountain.
Mickey's "Boo-to-You" Halloween Parade has all the scares you need, especially when the Headless Horseman rides again!
All Photos: Courtesy of Disney Parks