What better way to digest all that turkey and mashed potatoes than with a Harry Potter movie marathon? Potterheads rejoice as the Thanksgiving weekend marathon is back.
In the last several years, Thanksgiving has become synonymous with flying broomsticks and Golden Snitches thanks to Disney-owned ABC Family’s (and later Freeform’s) annual Harry Potter movie marathon.
With Disney no longer holding the broadcast rights, fans have no doubt been wondering if the show will go on and now they have one more thing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. NBC, who now owns the rights, will carry on the tradition.
Now dubbed the Harry Potter Wizarding Weekend, all eight films will be presented on the SyFy channel. Unlike the previous days-long airing on Freeform, SyFy’s presentation will truly be a back-to-back marathon.
The fun begins with Harry Potter & The Sorcerer’s Stone at 11 p.m. ET on Wednesday night, Nov. 21, 2018 and continues through Thursday as follows:
- 2:31 a.m. ET: Harry Potter & The Chamber of Secrets
- 6:25 a.m. ET: Harry Potter & The Prisoner of Azkaban
- 9:25 a.m. ET: Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire
- 12:54 p.m. ET: Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix
- 3:56 p.m. ET: Harry Potter & The Half-Blood Prince
- 7:25 p.m. ET: Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 1
- 10:38 p.m. ET: Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part 2
Featured photo: Thomas Engels via YouTube