You’ve heard your kids beg for chicken nuggets from the golden arches. Give them something to really beg for with this homemade and healthy version of the fast food staple. Your kids will gobble up these baked morsels of chicken and you’ll feel good knowing that their dinner isn’t processed or artificial.
Makes: 4-6 servings
1½ lb chicken cutlets, cut into nuggets
2 Tbsp oil
6 Tbsp honey
6 Tbsp ketchup
1 tsp yellow mustard
½ tsp chili powder (optional)
1½-2 cups panko crumbs
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine oil, honey, ketchup, mustard, and chili powder (optional). Use a spoon to stir the mixture until smooth. Pour half the sauce into a separate bowl to use as the dipping sauce; set aside.
3. Place panko crumbs into another bowl.
4. Dip chicken nuggets into the honey mixture and coat completely. Then, press into panko crumbs until chicken is fully coated on all sides.
5. Place chicken on prepared baking sheet. Spray the top of the nuggets with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes. For extra-crispy nuggets, turn the chicken halfway through the cooking time, baking for 12-13 minutes per side.
6. Serve with dipping sauce that you set aside in step 2.
From Panini Wraps to Hot Dog Garlic Knots to Homemade Button Candy, Kids Cooking Made Easy, The latest cookbook in the popular “Made Easy Series” by authors Leah Schapira and Victoria Dwek, makes sure kids will never be bored or hungry again. Buy it here artscroll.com/Books/kcmep.html.