Ready or not, here come the holidays! While this time of year is known for feelings of comfort and joy, it can also inspire some pretty hilarious writing about all things family. We want to hear how you navigate the holidays (especially those not-so-joyous moments). During the month of November and December, we’re asking you share your story here on Spoke. Whether they’re inspirational or stressful, we want to hear them.
Our editors will select three original posts based on the quality of writing, originality and number of page views received. Winners will each earn $100.
Need some inspo? Check these out these ideas:
- 5 New Holiday Traditions to Try with Your Kids
- 6 Ways I Teach My Kids About Why Gratitude Matters
- This Is How Our Jewish Family Talks to Our Kids About Santa
- Why Staying Home for the Holidays Was the Best Decision We’ve Ever Made
- Keeping the Holiday Magic Alive as Your Kids Get Older
- 10 Things Money Can’t Buy This Holiday Season
- 10 Stress Busters to Keep Yo’Self in Check
- How I Learned to Let Go & Enjoy the Chaos of the Holidays
Celebrating Holidays As a Blended Family
- Letting Joy Win Over Stress This Holiday Season
- When Your Can’t Afford the X-Box
- Picture Perfect Holidays are a Myth
- How We Shared The Truth About “Santa”
Submit your holiday story today! For this challenge, use the article code “#Holiday2017” when submitting. Remember, to be eligible for the prize, you must submit an original post. All eligible posts must be submitted no later than 4:59 p.m. EST on Wednesday, Dec. 20, 2017. Winners will be notified by email and announced via both the Spoke Facebook Group and the Spoke email newsletter on or after Dec. 25, 2017.
Do you have a previously-published post you’d like to share on Spoke? We want to read it! While previously-published stories are not eligible to receive payment for our monthly challenge, we’d love to include it on Spoke and possibly share it with our readers. Any questions? Email us at spoke@ . We’re excited to share your stories!