It’s already looking a lot like fall in Seattle and now that the Northwest sun is hiding behind rain clouds, the forecast calls for lots of indoor play with a chance of stir-crazy kids. Don’t worry Seattle parents – we’ve got you covered! Check out this list of 50 things to do with kids in Seattle this fall – no need to thank us for saving your sanity!
1. Pick up yummy fall vegetables at the year-round Seattle farmer’s markets, such as the rain or shine outdoor market in Ballard.
2. Book tickets to the theater for a rainy fall day. The Seattle Children’s Theater is playing an all-ages favorite, Harold and the Purple Crayon.
4. Go on a hot chocolate taste testing tour of Seattle.
5. Early snow this fall? Bundle up and head into the mountains to go tubing.
8. Venture outside of the city to do some apple picking.
9. Learn about Halloween in different cultures at the Bellevue Arts Museum’s Family Fall Festival (it’s free!).
10. Visit the Fall Festival at Swanson’s Nursery, including the tot-sized hay maze.
11. Take advantage of the free childcare at Nordstrom for some rainy day shopping.
12. Pretend it’s still summer at your local indoor swimming pool.
13. Take advantage of Northwest Trek Wildlife Park’s 40th birthday with $4 off every admission fee
14. Plan a movie night and watch It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
15. Check out the Kids’ Area and Chainsaw Pumpkin Carving Competition at the Fremont Oktoberfest
16. Keep the little ones up super late to go on an Owl & Bat Prowl at Seward Park
17. See what costumes the elephants are wearing this Halloween at Zoo Boo. (Kidding! Elephants don’t wear costumes! How silly!)