Summer! Just the word transports us to long days of sunshine, beaches and BBQs, and kiddos running through sprinklers. Whether your family slows down or adventures the whole season long, we want to read your stories that celebrate summertime.
For the entire month of July, submit your posts on all things summer. We’re looking for unique stories! Gives us humor and heart, and all your best insight. Think outside the box—make us laugh until our sides hurt or give us all the feels and inspire us to see things in a new way.
Our editors will select three original posts based on the quality of writing, originality and number of page views received. Winners will each earn $100.
Some ideas for inspiration:
• 5 Things I Learned Last Summer That Will Help Us Savor This One
• Summer’s Here! 30 Things to Rejoice Right Now
• My Kids Normally Hate Summer Reading—Here’s How I’m Changing That
• The Moment My Non-Bookworm Started Reading All Summer Long
• 5 Clever Tricks to Get Sunscreen on Your Kids
• Why It’s Actually Pretty Awesome to Be Pregnant in Summertime
• Simple Summer Traditions That Taught My Family to Slow Down
• You Don’t Have to Slow Down in Summer and Here’s Why
• How Our Family Threw an Epic Pool Party (& Made the Best Memories Ever)
• What Happened When Our Family Tried a 1980s Summer
• What Happened When We Tried These Hacks to Beat the Long Lines at Disney World
• What I Learned from Our Family’s Best Vacation Ever
• 15 Truths about Summer Break That Only Dads (or Moms) Know
• My Family’s Hilarious Summer Vacation Fail
• Dear Summer, We Miss You Already
Submit your summer story for our July Writing Challenge today! Use the article code “#July2017” when submitting. Remember, to be eligible for the prize, you must submit an original post.
Do you have a previously-published post you’d like to share on Spoke? We want to read it! While previously-published stories are not eligible to receive payment for our monthly challenge, we’d love to include it on Spoke and possibly share it with our readers.