Hooray for June—and hooray for our newest Spoke Writing Challenge! In case you haven’t heard, our Spoke Contributor Network offers a monthly writing challenge where we want to hear from you. All June long, we want to read your perspectives on everything Dad. We’d love to hear the hilarious, the heartfelt and all the good advice as it relates to fathers.
We’re looking for unique stories! Tell us your tales that celebrate fatherhood—in all its different forms. Think outside the box… make us laugh until our sides ache or give us all the feels and inspire us to see things from a slightly different perspective.
Our editors will select three original posts as featured articles, and the writers of those stories will each earn $100. Winners are selected based on the quality of writing, originality and number of page views received.
A few ideas for inspiration:
- What I Learned About my Husband from the Contents of His Diaper Bag
- 5 Timeless Questions for Dads to Ask Their Daughters
- Learn How to Make a Good Mocktail: 12 Best Practices for the Expectant Dad
- How Leaving my Kids Alone with Dad for the First Time Made Me a Better Mom
- 10 Ways to Honor the Dads in Our Lives
- The Best Lesson I Learned About Being a Mom, I Learned From my Dad
- Trials—and Triumphs—of the Split Parenting Relationship
- Cargo Shorts are Dad Bags! (and Other Paternity Leave Discoveries)
- 8 Things Every Dad Should Do With His Kids before they Reach Middle School
- What the Many Faces of Fatherhood Taught Me About Parenting
- I Never Expected to Be a Stay-at-Home Dad
- 5 Things I Learned from a Stay-at-Home Dad
Submit your story today! Use the article code “dads2017” when submitting for the June writing challenge. Remember, to be eligible for the prize, you must submit an original post.
Ready to join the conversation but not yet a Spoke contributor? Learn more about us then sign up here! (Easy!)
Do you have a previously-published post you’d like to share on Spoke? We want to read it! While previously-published stories are not eligible to receive payment for our monthly writing challenge, we’d love to include it on Spoke and possibly share it with our readers.