The most important part of Valentine’s Day is quality time with your mate so if you’re not looking to fight the Valentine’s Day crowds this year, we suggest make a shopping list and a deluxe dinner to remember. Duck is the perfect way to spice up your Valentine’s Day meal at home. The deep red pomegranate sauce adds a nicely festive touch. Serve with rice and your favorite veggies.
1 pound boneless, skinless duck
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 small shallot, chopped
1 cup pomegranate juice
¼ cup chicken broth
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
2. Sprinkle the salt over the duck.
3. Heat the olive oil in a pan and cook the duck over medium heat for three minutes on each side.
4. Place the duck into a baking dish and roast for 10 – 12 minutes.
5. Remove the duck from the oven and let it rest.
6. Use the pan to make the sauce by returning it to medium heat and sautéing the shallot.
7. Add the pomegranate juice and let it boil until the liquid is reduced by half.
8. Add the chicken broth and cornstarch.
9. Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce has thickened.
10. Thinly slice the duck and top with the sauce.
Photo Credit delish.com