What’s more fun than playing with a fresh batch of LEGO bricks? How about playing with a friend? (Because let’s be honest, you need some peace and quiet this summer.)
LEGO has just announced a brand new experience that brings together your fave video game brothers for some two-player fun. LEGO Mario and brand new LEGO Luigi are the ultimate duo for social play and using your imagination as you craft new brick adventures! Keep scrolling to see how.
Kids can embark on two-player adventures when they connect LEGO Mario and LEGO Luigi via Bluetooth, then perform coordinated actions like jumping, working together and walking. Collect coins, share rewards, defeat goombas and race to the finish line!
LEGO Luigi ($59.99) joins the popular LEGO Super Mario lineup of sets and is available in a starter course that has everything you need to get started. Not only is LUIGI finally get his own building set, but LEGO is adding plenty more products that will take your Mario World to the next level.
LEGO is adding four new Expansion Sets, two new Power-Up Packs and ten new Character Packs. All the sets can be used in solo play, connected to an existing set and for two-player fun.
Starting today, you can already pre-order Bowser’s Airship Expansion Set ($99.99), which can be crafted in both flying and course mode and will put the Mario Bros. to the test. Additional products coming soon include:
- 71388 Boss Sumo Bro Topple Tower Expansion Set ($29.99)
- 71389 Lakitu Sky World Expansion Set ($39.99)
- 71390 Reznor Knockdown Expansion Set ($69.99)
- 71392 Frog Mario Power-Up Pack ($9.99)
- 71393 Bee Mario Power-Up Pack ($9.99)
- 71394 Character Packs – Series 3 (10 collectible Character Packs, including Galoomba, Parachute Bob-omb, Crowber, Boo, Amp, Torpedo Ted, Bony Beetle, 1-Up Mushroom, Scuttlebug and Swoop) ($4.99 )
The remaining sets are all coming Aug. 1, with the Luigi Start Course and Browser’s Airship available for pre-order now. Head to lego.com to place your order!
All photos: Courtesy of LEGO