Red Tricycle is looking for a video production/photo person for our content marketing department. We would like to start ramping up our video portfolio, which consists of short, 1-minute social videos focusing on crafts, recipes and toy reviews. See example here. We are also considering adding funny kids interviews, other viral ideas and have larger (paid) client projects that crop up several times a year.
We are open to approaching this opportunity a couple of ways:
– a recent college grad, looking to work/ build a portfolio (paid hourly)
– a small design shop or single person willing to barter for free office space in beautiful Sausalito and an opportunity to collaborate on bigger paid projects
– in either scenario, we can also support video distribution and promotion of independent work (assuming it’s family friendly content) through our web, email and social channels. We reach 12 MM people per month across channels.
The hours per week really depend on skills/ experience. We’d like to publish 2 short 1-min videos per week to start, with potential to ramp up.
The ideal candidate should have a strong ambition to work in photography and/or video production, with an emphasis on editorial content creation. A strong technical background is a must, with knowledge of camera operation (primarily DSLR), setup of artificial lighting and modifiers, and ingesting and organizing files on Mac systems and Google Drive. We are looking for someone with a keen eye for good design and photographic aesthetics.
DSLR operation, knowledge of exposure variables (aperture, shutter speed, ISO), settings, and menus
Knowledge of photo and video formats and camera types
Working with artificial light (video lights, strobes, modifiers, mixing natural light)
Photo and video prop shopping
Skill in Adobe Creative Suite (Lightroom, Photoshop, bridge)
Knowledge of video platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc.)
Knowledge of the current web-video landscape
– Operating video, audio and lighting equipment to produce video material for use in advertising and promotion of online services and products
– Maintains operation of in-house studio
– Sources audio accompaniment to video footage
– Assists in post-production including ingesting, transcoding, compressing and logging footage and rough cuts
– Basic designs, including photo and typeface selection and photo and text layout for inclusion within video material
– At least 1 year of directly-related experience
– Knowledge of video production procedures, techniques, and terminology
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of design and non-linear editing software, including:
– Final Cut Pro X
– Motion 5
– Adobe Premiere
– Adobe After Effects
Red Tricycle is a digital media platform and community that fuels the parenting universe with daily inspiration for family fun. By successfully blending our own authentic, actionable content with our community’s voice and brand partner stories across major platforms – web, social, mobile and email – Red Tricycle inspires families to spend time together and create new memories every single day.
With an organically grown audience of over 12 MM, including 2MM uniques, 2 MM email subscribers, and 8 MM reach across all social channels, Red Tricycle has separated itself from the competition by creating a destination that drives strong engagement and harnesses the power of narrative and user activation to drive sales and engagement for our native brand partners.
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org