While the rest of the country is bundling up in layers, all of us in Los Angeles are thanking our lucky stars for the unseasonably warm weather. Let’s forget global warming for a minute and admit that walking around in shorts and a t-shirt at the beginning of January is pretty awesome. WIth that in mind, we’ve come up with 7 easy and fun outdoor activities for the kids this weekend. Forget the winter coats at home and let the kiddos take advantage of the nice weather before it’s too late!
1. Take the kids out to score a hole in one at a Los Angeles area mini-golf venue. We promise it will be a “hole” lot of fun.
3. The Santa Monica Pier is the perfect day trip with kids in-tow. Hang out on the beach, explore the aquarium, or just take the afternoon to enjoy the carnival-like atmosphere.
4. Let the kids get up close and personal with some animals at a Los Angeles petting zoo.
5. Pack up those juice boxes and PB&J’s and hang out outside at one of our top 5 places to picnic with kids in Los Angeles.
6. A lot of Los Angeles area beaches are kid-friendly, but don’t allow dogs. If you’d like to bring the little ones and Fido out for a day in the sun, check out one of these kid and dog-friendly beaches and parks.
7. At first glance, West Hollywood may not seem like a super kid-friendly neighborhood, but it actually has a ton to offer to families including the Grove, the La Brea Tar Pits, a park, and multiple lunch spots. Plus, it was recently voted the most walkable city in California.
With the sun beating down it just seems cruel to keep the little ones inside. Let us know what your family is planning to do this weekend to enjoy the brilliantly sunny weather!
photo credit: hoyasmeg via flickr