There are farmers’ markets, and then there is the one & only, original Farmers Market, at 3rd & Fairfax, which is L.A.’s oldest outdoor market. Starting out in the 1930’s and much like today you can find over 70 stalls, stores, markets and cafes. There are also dozens of restaurants, cafes and grocery vendors, three produce stands, two meat markets, a home made candy shop, two bakeries, a flower shop and an old fashioned ice cream parlors for a sweet treat after a long morning of shopping.
Just next door to the original Farmers Market is the The Grove at Farmers Market which is a 575,000 square-foot open-air shopping/dining center, featuring over fifty shops, restaurants, movie theatres and all kinds of kid-friendly fun. But this isn’t your average simple mall – it’s more like street reminiscent of Rodeo Drive, CityWalk, and even Disneyland. The highlight (and kid-favorite) is the shiny green & brass electric trolley. For a mere 30 cents (mom’s and dad’s for $1) kids can ride between the original Farmers Market and the Town Square of the Grove.
Don’t miss the spectacular fountain that was created by the same designers of the Bellagio Hotel fountain in Las Vegas. This choreographed water-and-music show plays every half-hour. Feeling a little cuckoo? Check out the lively Glockenspiel located at the dome. Get there a few minutes early and wait for the squeals of joy as the birds and dancers arrive and sing their hourly tune.
- Two hours of free parking with a validated ticket at the Grove Garage.
- Come early on a Saturday and catch breakfast with the kids at the French Crepe Kiosk in the Farmers Market side. You get to sit at the counter and the food is always fresh and tasty!!
- Check out the Pottery Barn Kids: Book Club where Kids of all ages are invited to join us for story time every Tuesday at 11am.
- Kids Club in The Park is a weekly selection of enriching activities for kids, parents and caregivers that includes music and entertainment. Thursdays, 11am – 1pm
- Don’t miss the Monday Morning Mommy Movies where Moms, Dads, Caregivers can enjoy a first-run movie…with your baby! No one will mind if your baby cries, so pick up your diaper bag and stroller! Mondays, 11am